Body Measurement Tracker Template
to track your progress and see those numbers drop like it's hot? Look no
further than my trusty body measurement tracker templates. They're free and
These bad boys will help you keep track of all your measurements and see just how far
you've come on your weight loss journey. Let’s get started!
What Is a Body Measurement Tracker Template, You Ask?
It's simply a tool that helps you track your body measurements over time.
Read on to find out:
- The tools you need to measure
- Where and how to measure
- How to get the best data
- Why using a body measurement tracker is so important
- How to make the most of your printable body measurement tracker
The Proper Tools to Take Your Measurements
- Measuring Tape: Use a fabric, or flexible measuring tape. Don’t even attempt it with a metal measuring tape!
- A Helper: It may be easier to measure if you have someone assisting you. They can make sure the tape measure is level, stays flat all the way around, and that you measure in consistent spots on each side.
- A Body Measurement Tracker Template to record results!
- A One-Handed Measuring Tape: If you don’t have a helper or don’t want one, invest in a one hand tape measure like this one specifically made for taking body measurements: (affiliate link)
Where and How to Measure
Be sure to measure and record the measurements for ALL relevant areas listed below, not just the ones you’re most interested in. This will give you a more complete picture of your progress.
- Neck: Wrap tape measure around the middle of your neck.
- Chest: Wrap tape measure around the fullest part of your chest, under your armpits and around your shoulder blades. Make sure the tape measure is level.
- Waist: Wrap the tape measure around your natural waistline, which is typically located just above your belly button.
- Hips: Wrap the tape measure around the widest part of your hips, which is typically located about 8 inches below your natural waistline.
AND DON'T FORGET:
- Thighs: Wrap the tape measure around the widest part of each thigh, which is usually about 3 inches below crotch.
- Calves: Wrap tape around the largest part of your calf.
- Arms: Wrap the tape measure around the widest part of each upper arm.
The most valuable aspect of a body measurement tracker template is the ability to track your progress over time. By consistently measuring and recording your measurements, you can see how your body is changing and how your efforts are paying off.
For Greatest Accuracy and Best Data
- Measure at the same time of day, in the same clothes (or no clothes).
- Use the same tightness* each time.
- Make sure the tape measure is level all the way around.
- Measure at regular, planned intervals. I suggest monthly!**
* “Goldilocks tight:” Make sure the measuring tape is not too tight, and not too loose. Just taught. If the measuring tape is making an indentation, or skin is bulging out from underneath, it’s too tight. If you can move the tape around freely and easily, it’s too loose.
** Be sure to bookmark this page so you can print a new body measurement tracker each month!
Why Do You NEED a Body Measurement Tracker Template, You Ask?
See Progress Beyond the Scale
The number on the scale isn’t the only measure of success. When the scale isn’t moving, often body measurements ARE! Losing inches is a great measure of success.
The scale doesn’t always give the full picture. By taking body measurements and tracking progress over time, you can see… in black and white…how your body is changing. You can watch your progress unfold before your eyes and see your efforts paying off, even at times when the scale isn’t moving!
If you find yourself disappointed by a (perceived) lack of progress when numbers on the scale don’t budge despite your hard work, you definitely need to take your body measurements regularly!
Boost Motivation and Accountability
Seeing the inches go down can be a great motivator to keep pushing yourself. And having a record of your measurements can help hold you accountable.
Now, you may be thinking, "But why should I bother with all of this measuring and tracking? Can't I just go by how my clothes fit?"
While it's true that your clothes can give you some indication of progress, they can be misleading. Maybe you're losing weight (body fat) but gaining some muscle weight which can make your clothes fit differently. A body tracker measurement template takes this into account, giving you a more accurate picture of your progress.
How to Make the Most of Your Printable Body Measurement Tracker
- Set specific and achievable goals: For example, you might aim to reduce your waist measurement by 2” over the course of a month. By setting a specific goal, you can stay motivated and focused on your progress.
- Use the data to make adjustments. If you’re not seeing progress in a certain area, you may need to tweak your diet and exercise routine.
- A body measurement tracker template is a great way to measure progress beyond the scale.
- It’s important to measure all relevant areas…not just the ones you’re interested in…to get the most accurate overall picture.
- Taking body measurements accurately and monitoring them consistently over time will help you see progress even at times the scale isn’t moving.
- It’s easy to use:
So there you have it, the ultimate guide on how and why to use a body measurement tracker template. Not only will it help you keep track of your progress, but it will also give you that extra push to keep working towards your goals.
So don't wait any longer. If you're ready to ditch the scale…or at least not put so much weight on it (emphasis that is!)... print a template and watch those numbers shrink before your very eyes!
Like This Info? Allow Me to Join You on Your Journey!
Credible, Professional Advice and Inspiration Delivered to Your Inbox:
Subscribe to Tiny Tummy Tips Newsletter
You might like these
Mastering “perfect” portion sizes after gastric sleeve is tricky. Get the lowdown on how to get it right.
This MUST KNOW secret will help you stick to a low carb bariatric diet like glue.
How many bariatric diet calories should I be eating? Find the answer to this million dollar question