|Back to Back Issues Page|
Tiny Tummy Tips, Issue #23- Get Your Greek Yogurt Groove On
January 18, 2023
Get Your Greek Yogurt Groove On
Tiny Tummy Tips, Issue #023 -- 25 Ways to Use Greek Yogurt
In This Issue25 Ways to Add Zing, Zip, Spice, and Life to Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
Are you tired of eating plain Greek yogurt day after day? Or think you hate it straight out?
Fear not, my bariatric warriors, this issue is devoted 100% to menu ideas. Here are sooooo many creative ways to use plain nonfat Greek yogurt… other than …plain!
1. Use it as a base for a low-calorie dip; mix in some herbs and spices to taste (like Everything but the Bagel seasoning or Trader Joes Everything but the Elote seasoning).
2. Use it as a substitute for mayonnaise in your chicken salad, tuna salad, or egg salad.
3. Mix in some sugar free cocoa powder and a dot of honey for a chocolatey treat.
4. Use it as a base for a tzatziki sauce: mix in some grated cucumber and garlic.
5. Mix in some pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices for a fall-inspired treat. ( A personal fav!)
6. Use it as a topping for your chili for a cool and creamy contrast to the heat in lieu of sour cream.
Mix in some mashed avocado and a squeeze of lime for a creamy and flavorful guacamole.
8. Mix in some salsa for a spicy and tangy snack. (Another personal fav!)
9. Use it as a base for a creamy salad dressing, mix in your favorite herbs and spices (Like Trader Joes Ranch Seasoning).
10. Mix in some crushed, no added sugar, canned pineapple for a tropical treat.
11. Mix in some grated ginger and a dot of honey for a zingy and refreshing snack.
12. Add some banana extract + fresh blueberries for a sweet treat.
13. Mix in some powdered peanut butter or powdered almond butter and a dot of sugar free chocolate sauce.
14. Top with raspberries and 1 Tablespoon lowfat granola.
15. Mix in some chopped herbs (like dill or cilantro) and a squeeze of lemon.
16. Mix in some mashed sweet potatoes and a touch of cinnamon.
17. Mix in some chopped
nuts and seeds (ex: pumpkin seeds, pecans) for added healthy fats.
18. Mix in some frozen berries and blend for a thick and creamy smoothie.
19. Use it as a base for a creamy and tangy coleslaw dressing.
20. Mix in some grated carrots and raisins for a sweet and crunchy snack.
21. Mix in some grated apple and cinnamon.
22. Use it as a base for a creamy and tangy tahini dressing.
23. Mix in some chopped herbs and a touch of balsamic vinegar for a savory and tangy snack.
24. Mix in some grated beetroot for a sweet and earthy snack.
25. Mix in some grated cucumber and dill for a refreshing and tangy snack.
There you have it! Try ‘em out, find your favorite ones, and let me know let me know which you like best!
Pay It ForwardTiny Tummy Tips Newsletter delivers practical, professional advice and simplifies what to eat after weight loss surgery.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend (and me) a big favor and "pay it forward" by sending the link or posting on your social media.
If you received this as a forward from a friend, and if you like what you read please subscribe by visiting tiny-tummy-tips.html
Comments? Ideas? Feedback?I'd love to hear from you! Just reply to this e-zine and tell me what you think!
See you in the next issue!
Suzette Kroll, RDN
|Back to Back Issues Page|