|Back to Back Issues Page|
Tiny Tummy Tips, Issue #44 - 15 Healthy Ways to Enjoy Rotisserie Chicken
November 08, 2023
15 Healthy Ways to Enjoy Rotisserie Chicken
Tiny Tummy Tips, Issue #44-- 1 rotisserie chicken, 15 ways.
Rotisserie chicken is a versatile and convenient protein source and therefore a MUST HAVE addition to your bariatric diet!
1. Chicken Avocado Bowl: Combine rotisserie chicken with diced avocado, cherry tomatoes, and a squeeze of lime.
2. Chicken and Egg Salad: Prepare a protein-packed chicken and egg salad by mixing rotisserie chicken with hard-boiled eggs, plain nonfat Greek yogurt, and mustard.
3. Chicken and Spinach Omelet: Whisk eggs and fill with rotisserie chicken and spinach.
4. Chicken and Sweet Potato Mash: Enjoy rotisserie chicken with mashed sweet potatoes and steamed greens.
5. Chicken Stuffed Bell Peppers: Slice the top off bell peppers, remove the seeds, and stuff them with a mixture of rotisserie chicken, quinoa, and vegetables. Bake at 350 until tender.
6. Lettuce Wraps: Wrap rotisserie chicken in large lettuce leaves, along with your favorite veggies (think shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, and/or roasted red bell peppers) and condiments like low sugar BBQ sauce, mustard or hummus.
7. Bariatric-Friendly Tacos: Create chicken tacos using lettuce leaves or small corn tortillas and load them up with lean rotisserie chicken, salsa, and a sprinkle of reduced fat cheese.
8. Chicken and Veggie Stir-fry: Stir-fry rotisserie chicken with vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas and a low sodium stir-fry sauce. Add mandarin oranges and slivered almonds before serving.
9. Chicken and Vegetable Skewers: Thread rotisserie chicken pieces and vegetables like onions, bell peppers, and squash onto skewers and grill them for a tasty, low-calorie barbecue option.
10. Cauliflower Rice Bowl: Serve rotisserie chicken over cauliflower rice with your choice of seasonings and veggies like scallions and carrots.
11. Chicken and Quinoa: Combine rotisserie chicken with cooked quinoa, black beans, lemon juice, and fresh herbs like cilantro.
12. Chicken Lettuce Cups: Make chicken lettuce cups by filling large lettuce leaves with rotisserie chicken, chopped water chestnuts, and a low sodium soy sauce.
13. Chicken Soup with Zoodles: Swap traditional noodles for zucchini noodles (zoodles) in your chicken soup and add diced rotisserie chicken.
14. Chicken and Bean Salad: Create a protein-rich salad by combining rotisserie chicken with pinto beans, bell peppers, tomatoes, onions, and salsa.
15. Soups and Broths: Add shredded rotisserie chicken to soups or broths for a comforting and protein-rich meal. My personal fav is shredded rotisserie chicken in Trader Joes low sodium tomato soup. Nom nom nom.
BonusSee even MORE fast and easy rotisserie chicken ideas
Keep in MindSkin Removal is Important! Remove the skin from rotisserie chicken to reduce unnecessary fat and calories. Opt for the lean, white meat underneath.
Portion Control Always Matters! Keep your portions in check. Aim for a palm-sized serving to prevent overeating and promote feelings of fullness.
Shred It: Shred rotisserie chicken into bite-sized pieces for easy digestion This can be particularly useful in the early months after surgery when you first begin to add solid foods back to your diet.
Pay It ForwardTiny Tummy Tips Newsletter delivers practical, professional advice and simplifies what to eat after weight loss surgery.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend (and me) a big favor and "pay it forward" by sending the link or posting on your social media.
If you received this as a forward from a friend, and if you like what you read please subscribe by visiting tiny-tummy-tips.html
Comments? Ideas? Feedback?I'd love to hear from you! Just reply to this e-zine and tell me what you think!
See you in the next issue!
Suzette Kroll, RDN
|Back to Back Issues Page|