|Back to Back Issues Page|
Tiny Tummy Tips, Issue #26- Poo-phoria: Foods That Will Help You Poop Like a Pro!
March 01, 2023
Tiny Tummy Tips, Issue #026 -- Foods that Will Help You Poop Like a Pro!
In This Issue1) Discover the top fiber-packed foods that will give your bowels the VIP treatment they deserve.
2) Simple ways to add them to your diet.
Oh gosh, yes, I actually said that. But it needed to be said… because I get an awful lot of questions about constipation.
If you've been feeling blocked up lately, it’s no wonder. A high protein, low carb diet is likely to be low in fiber.
You see, fiber is found only in plant foods… vegetables, fruits, beans, whole grains… often the foods that need to be avoided early post op or are erroneously avoided long term post op.
But don't worry; I’ve got the solution to your pooping problems. Nobody likes to talk about this topic, but I’m here to break the silence and give you the scoop on how to get things moving like a pro.
Top Foods for Constipation Relief• Water
• Berries: raspberry, blackberry, strawberry
• Yogurt with Live active cultures
Menu IdeasThese ideas contain multiple high fiber foods within each recipe:
• Smoothie: Blend yogurt (with live cultures) + berries + spinach + 1 Tablespoons ground flaxseeds
• Smoothie: Blend yogurt (with live cultures) + berries + oatmeal + 1 Tablespoons ground flaxseeds
• Smoothie: Blend yogurt (with live cultures) + peeled orange + 1 Tablespoons ground flaxseeds
• Oatmeal : Top with berries and 1 chopped prune; Sprinkle with ground flaxseeds. Serve with dollop of yogurt on top.
• Stuffed baked sweet potato: Cut open and fill center with cooked broccoli. Top with yogurt.
• Stuffed baked sweet potato: Cut open and fill center with vegetarian bean chili. Top with dollop of yogurt and sprinkle with ground flaxseeds.
• Black bean soup or lentil soup: Add cooked broccoli and top with dollop of yogurt. Sprinkle with ground flaxseeds.
• Baby spinach salad + black beans + strawberries or raspberries; sprinkle with ground flaxseeds.
• 1 ounce
aloe juice + apple cider vinegar
• 1 ounce aloe juice + lemon water
The Bottom LineIt's time to say goodbye to that uncomfortable feeling and embrace the power of good old-fashioned pooing. Start adding some of these top foods that'll help make your bathroom visits a breeze. Get ready to unclog those pipes and say hello to smooth and satisfying bowel movements ;)
Pay It ForwardTiny Tummy Tips Newsletter delivers practical, professional advice and simplifies what to eat after weight loss surgery.
If you like this e-zine, please do a friend (and me) a big favor and "pay it forward" by sending the link or posting on your social media.
If you received this as a forward from a friend, and if you like what you read please subscribe by visiting tiny-tummy-tips.html
Comments? Ideas? Feedback?I'd love to hear from you! Just reply to this e-zine and tell me what you think!
See you in the next issue!
Suzette Kroll, RDN
|Back to Back Issues Page|